REACHING INTO OLIEVENHOUTBOSCH INFORMAL SETTLEMENT
Olievenhoutbosch Christian School and also the Trust Hope Faith Ministry, an aftercare centre run from the school, underpinned by its managing organisation Blue-O, are reaching into the surrounding community and changing the lives of children.
The school, which is based on Christian, values has close to two hundred foundation phase children and uses the CAPS curriculum of the National Department of Education. Extracurricular activities include netball, soccer, athletics, cricket, music classes and an annual concert. The school was an initiative of a church cell group who recognised the need for education in the Olievenhoutbosch community, while simultaneously spreading the gospel message.
• To render a quality, holistic, Christian-based education to learners.
• To assist the parents with material and emotional needs and to serve the broader community with, among others, a feeding scheme, training (parents’ development) and also a clothing project.
Registered as a NPC.
• Registered as a NPO with the Department of Social Development.
• Qualifies for Section 18 A tax deduction.
• Qualifies for B-BBEE scorecard points.
• Registered as a PBO with SARS.
• All SARS and Department of Social Development requirements are up to date.
Black foundation phase children, parents and community members of the disadvantaged community surrounding the school.
Plans have already been drawn up for a new school building which is to be built in the near future. The school aims to reach full primary school status and to register with Department of Education as a semi-private school in due course.